Sunday, March 12, 2006

I Could Sit and Watch It for Hours!

Sorry I've been so slow to post. I've been very busy with my travels and by evening I'm usually too exhausted to think much. I will try to catch up over the next couple of days.

Anyway, Monday was spent getting my stuff. Fortunately I was able to hire a couple of movers to help me load my stuff into a UHaul at the trucking terminal, then ship it to my best friend's house, then unload it all. The two guys I got were pretty good. They even helped me to find my way around Denver when I got lost. On 6th street there was a sign pointing to I-25 N. I followed it, but ended up downtown (this little bit will be repeated in Tuesday's blog entry...watch for it).

I got exausted watching the guys load/unload the truck. WHEW! I told them the old joke "I love hard work. I could sit and watch it for hours!" They laughed. My best friend said they would laugh at anything if it got them a tip. Well...as far as I'm concerned, as long as they laughed they got a tip. Unfortunately they were not cute at all so they didn't get anything beyond the tip.

After the stuff was delivered, my best friend and I spent the evening rummaging through it all to determine what he was going to use, what I was going to take with me, and what was staying stored in the garage. That took quite a while.

I then packed, partially loaded up the car, then I went to bed, much later than I had hoped. I was getting up at 5:00 so it was going to be a short night's sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home