Monday, February 27, 2006

Hurry Up and Wait

It's funny. I can drive a car 18 hours, stopping only to eat/pee/get gas/stretch (usually all at the same stop) and I don't find that boring. Make me wait for 30 minutes in the Post Office and I start to get pissed. That's how my day started. And it got worse.

After the Post Office, I decided to test the CD Player on the new Radio/CD Player I had installed in my car. My previous player had a CD stuck in it (unfortunately, it didn't survive the extraction process). Since I was going to be driving 10,000+ miles, I figured I would want some tunes on the way so I decided to buy a very inexpensive player for my car. Well, I'm glad I tested the CD player because it wasn't working right. It was cutting off the first 1/2 second of beginning of the CD. And if you hit skip forward or skip back, it would cut off the first 1/2 second of that track. Well, I took it back to the place I bought it. They installed a new one of the same model; it had the same problem. They upgraded (for free) to a better model of the same brand; still no luck. They finally installed a better model of a different brand, and that worked. So, almost 2 hours later, I finally got my CD player. UGH!!!

Then I went to buy a couple of new CDs for my trip and stood at the counter waiting because there was no one there. Okay, it was only for a few minutes, but a few minutes feels like 10 when you're just standing and waiting.

Then I went to cancel my cable, and sat there and waited. Then I had to go to the laundromat and clean a couple of comforters and that took over an hour. I HATE WAITING IN LANDROMATS! It's soooooo boriiinnnggg! Dr. Phil, that incipid quack, was on the television. That made the wait even longer.

Today I didn't get much packing done. Honestly, I don't have all that much left. Some stuff I can't pack yet because I'm still using it. All of that will be taken care of tomorrow and Wednesday. Today was spenting notifying all of my creditors of my new address change and scheduling the turning-off of my utilities. I also started plotting out the first few stops of my journey (thank you MapQuest).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home