Thursday, February 23, 2006

Who Is the Gay Trekker?

My name is Lee, otherwise known as the Gay Trekker. I'm (obviously) a gay person--specifically male. Age 40 (as of this writing). By trade I am a computer programmer/analyst. I currently live in a suburb of Phoenix, Arizona, but in a week that is all about to change (which is part of the reason for this blog).

The term Trekker actually represents a couple of different aspects of my personality and my life. First, I'm a Star Trek fan. I have been since I was 6. Mr Spock was my idol which is probably why I'm a computer programmer. Also, while growing up I could identify with his having to supress a side of himself he didn't want others to see. I've loved all of the Star Trek series, except Star Trek: Enterprise.

Secondly, the term Trekker relates to my life changing decision to Trek across the USA. I'm giving up the security of a job that I'm tired of. I'm also giving up any permanent place to live. Instead, I'm going to be hopping in my car and driving around our great country, visiting many friends and family, and seeing places I haven't seen since I was a kid, or have never seen before. For a little over a month I will be going from city-to-city, state-to-state, eventually ending up at Yellowstone National Park where I will be working for the summer. After that, I have no idea where I will go or what I will do. I'm not planning that far ahead.

So, this blog will consist of my experiences during my travels. Hopefully you'll enjoy them. Maybe you'll give me some feedback about my trip. Maybe you'll give me ideas about where I might go and what sites I might see. The places I plan to visit include: Colorado, Texas, Florida, South Carolina, Washington DC, New York, Massachusettes, Maine, California, Washington State, Montana, and Wyoming. There will be other stops along the way I'm sure. I've even thought about visiting Alaska. Who knows?

So come along with me as I Trek the good old USA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home