Friday, February 24, 2006

Last Day at Work

Today was my last day at work. It was sad, but I'm glad it's over. I like my coworkers, and they all had such nice things to say. "Good luck on your travels." "Be careful driving." "Send us email." "We'll miss you." "It's been great working with you." They had lunch for me with a cake (chocolate...my favorite). It was nice.

It's not that I didn't like working with my fellow employees. I did. They're very nice and pretty easy to work with. And I like the company I worked for. It's just that I'm tired of what I do. I've been programming professionally for almost twenty years now and I'm bored with it (I programmed for another 8 years just for fun before turning a perfectly good hobby into "just a job"). The problem is, I don't really know what I want to do. I've thought about getting into American Sign Language (ASL) interpreting, but that takes a lot of training. I've thought about being a writer but I don't seem to have the discipline to do that. Besides, it doesn't pay (until you become established).

I have many ideas for Science Fiction stories but lately I haven't been inspired to write. It's because I've been in severe depression. I'm hoping that releasing myself of the responsibility of real life will help to clear my mind and help me decide what it is I want to do with my life. Maybe it will inspire me to write. Maybe something will come up in my travels that will help point my life in the right direction. That's another reason I'm taking this trip.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home