Sunday, February 26, 2006

And the Packing Continues...

Well, today was spent continuing the packing process. If I haven't expressed my loathing of moving, let me reiterate it here. I HATE MOVING!!!

Three days and counting. I have to get a truck on Wednesday morning to load my stuff into, truck it to downtown Phoenix, then move it all into another truck. That truck will drive it to the Denver area. Once there, I will rent another truck, move my stuff into it and haul it to my best friend's house where it will be stored while I'm galavanting around the country trying to find myself. There is a good friend! He's also taking care of my cats for me.

If I can get my apartment shipped and cleaned in time, I will leave Wednesday evening, drive all night, and arrive at my best friend's house before 8:30 Thursday morning. I want to be there before he has to leave for work. Otherwise, I will leave extremely early Thursday morning and get to Colorado early Thursday evening. It depends on how things go. It's about a 13 hour drive, depending on traffic. Driving at night is nice because there is practically no traffic at all.

Today I also finished my taxes, I hope. I need to have a CPA take a quick look see, but hopefully I've gotten it all right this time. The money I get back from the IRS and state of Arizona will pay for my drive around the US. I won't have to use up all my savings. Sweet!

I'm tired. It's time for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home