Tuesday, February 28, 2006

My Kingdom for a Fork!!!

Well...it's one day and counting. Most of the packing is done. I've done a bit of cleaning. Tomorrow morning I pick up the truck and take my belongings to a trucking terminal where it will be tranferred to another truck that will haul it to Denver. Then I will finish up cleaning, load up the car and head out. I'm hoping to be on the road before 7:00pm so I can be in the Denver area before 8:30am.

I've already had a moving-related mishap. I went to Baja Fresh and bought a salad for dinner. When I got it back to my apartment I realized that I didn't get a fork. Unfortunately all of my utensils were packed away. I knocked on a couple of neighbors' doors in hopes that I could either get a disposable fork, or even borrow one. Unfortunately nobody was home. So I drove back to the restaurant and got a fork and came back home. It wouldn't have been so bad, except that my blood sugar levels were low and I get into a very bad mood when that happens.

I got really excited when I got to my mailbox and saw that a forwarding notice was in there. I realized I'm leaving soon. It's really going to happen! Yay!!!

I don't know when I'll be able to access the internet again after this. It may be a few days before I make another post to the blog.

Wish me luck!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home