Friday, March 03, 2006

Lakewood, Colorado

I arrived in Lakewood, CO yesterday at 8:20am after a 13 hour, 30 minute overnight drive from my apartment in Chandler, Arizona (see previous blog titled "Gay Trek Has Officially Begun"). I'm staying here with my best friend. He's going to be storing my stuff (when it arrives) and keeping my 2 cats for me. That's the definition of a "True Friend!"

I spent yesterday recovering from my drive. I tried to sleep for a few hours but it didn't go well. I kept waking up. I finally got up just after noon went out to have some lunch. Then I spent some time at the Atlanta Bread Company Bakery Cafe (where I am right now). They have free internet access and I used the time to catch up on my blog and do so some surfing. It's going to be tough as my ability to access the internet will become more and more difficult. Fortunately they have internet access for employees at Yellowstone. I used to be addicted to television. The internet has become my new television.

I spent the afternoon trying to get some rest. I was kind of foggy-headed after almost no sleep in 30 hours. Honestly, the nap didn't work out either. I'm not as young as I used to be and recovery from such long trips definitely takes longer. After my best friend got home for work, we went to eat and do some shopping. I needed some warm clothing for my trip and we needed to get kitty litter for the cats.

My cats don't know what to make of this. Goldie (my youngest orange tabby) is hiding a lot. Kalihka (the oldest calico) is being a major ass bitch to Goldie. As if it were Goldie's fault her life was shaken up. Kalihka will get over it, eventually.

Lakewood is a beautiful little suburb just southwest of Denver. The mountains are just to the west and are very beautiful. There's no snow here; it's been a warmer/dryer winter. The mountains immediately surrounding the Denver area have no snow, but just beyond the immediate mountains I can see other, taller peaks with snow. I'm going to go do a little driving into the mountains to see if I can see more. I wish I had my video camera with me. Unfortunately it's on the moving truck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home