Thursday, March 02, 2006

Gay Trek Has Officially Begun

As of 3/1/2006 at 6:50pm, Gay Trek has officially begun!

Yesterday was a rough day. I spent it finishing up the last of the packing and cleaning of the apartment. Then a former co-worker helped me load up the UHaul which we then drove to the moving company. There we transferred to the contents to another container...that was too small!

The last time I used this moving company (just over a year ago) I was able to load all of my stuff into the truck and ended up using only 1/2 of the space that I reserved (and I had reserved the smallest space possible). This time, I had gained a few items: a mattress and box spring, a computer desk, and a recliner chair. Not all that much, really. Unfortunately the container I had reserved was considerably smaller than the truck space I had reserved last year. We broke a few laws of physics and were finally able to get almost all of it into the container. I ended up losing an old office chair that I didn't really care for anyway. I gave it to my friend who helped me pack.

After all was said and done, I turned my keys in to the apartment complex, and hit the road. I timed it really well. I missed the Phoenix area rush hour traffic. It was pretty much smooth sailing for the most part. Traffic got busier as I approached the Denver area. I had gotten here during the morning rush. All things considered it wasn't that bad. Unfortunately, I was tired. I was having a hard time keeping my eyes open. The decision to drive all night probably wasn't one of my best. I arrived at my best friend's house in Lakewood, Colorado at 8:20am, for a total of 13 hours and 30 minutes and 955 miles (an average of a little over 70 MPH if you were wondering).

My friend Jay (whose blog is linked to mine) told me that he thought I should list my itinerary. Here is the Definitive part of my trip: Leave Denver, Monday March 6; stay Monday night in St. Louis; stay Tuesday night in Atlanta; arrive Orlando Wednesday, March 8. I'll have to post the rest later because I don't have my schedule with me.

Later.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home